Presidential Citation, AEJMC (2015, September)
- Presented for outstanding service and dedication as an AEJMC officer of the Graduate Student Interest Group (GSIG) during 2014-2015.
Promising Professor Award (2nd place), Mass Communication and Society (AEJMC) (2015, August)
- The Promising Professor Awards honor new faculty and graduate students who demonstrate excellence and innovation in teaching.
Top Three Student Paper, Communication Theory & Methodology Division (AEJMC) (2014, August)
- Awarded for Persuasive Storytelling in the Interactive Age: A Theoretical Model Explaining Interactivity Effects in Narrative Persuasion (first author with Alexandra Beauchamp).
Doctoral Honors Seminar, National Communication Association (2014, July)
Mass Communication Group
- Approximately 10 doctoral students are chosen nationwide to participate based on submitted papers and recommendations from their advisors.
Nominee, K. Patricia Cross Future Leaders Award, Association of American Colleges & Universities (2014, October)
- Recognizes graduate students who show exemplary promise as future leaders of higher education.
Top Student Paper Scholarship, Society for Case Research (2012, July)
- Awarded for American Apparel and the “XLent” Contest.
Robert L. and Teri W. Gerbig Graduate Scholarship, Ohio University (2011, May)
- Awarded by the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism.